Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

46,000 New Jobs in Canada

EdRenkema

Registered
Mark,

Are you on their email list?
I ask since I`ve been on their site looking for info/data and found it very convoluted and difficult to pin any info down to a specific area, how do others deal with aquiring the type of data we require for specific areas?
Thanks for your help.

Ed R

joeiannuzzi

Registered
QUOTE (markl @ Feb 8 2008, 06:49 AM) Stats Can release.

http://www.statcan.ca/english/Subjects/Labour/LFS/lfs-en.htm

Regards,

Thanks Mark! As a result of this report, I am not sure we will see interest rates fall 1/4 point on March 4th when the Bank of Canada meets or a 1/2 point cut. There is no need for our central bank to be as aggressive in cutting rates as the US federal reserve because our economy is in far better shape than America`s.

markl

Registered
Hi Ed,

I am not on thier email list I go through http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php It gives all the links to the official sources and is a spot where you can view the worlds data in 1 spot.

Joe I think you are right but we have a bit till the rate drop. The big key will be the inflation figure. If it is below 2% I think we stand a good chance of seeing the drop. IMHO

Have a great weekend

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Feb 8 2008, 08:45 AM) Mark,

Are you on their email list?
I ask since I`ve been on their site looking for info/data and found it very convoluted and difficult to pin any info down to a specific area, how do others deal with aquiring the type of data we require for specific areas?
Thanks for your help.

Ed R

Hi Ed,

The best place to start with their VERY detailed site is by clicking on "The Daily" link on the left hand menu on their main page. You can now select what info to be sent, so it is not so overwhelming with information that doesn`t affect your real estate.

Great to see so many members studying and focusing on the economic fundamentals.

markl

Registered
It is always good to see people agree with you. Not especially when they are the head of the BOC

style_emoticons

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/302044

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Feb 9 2008, 11:50 AM) Hi Ed,

The best place to start with their VERY detailed site is by clicking on "The Daily" link on the left hand menu on their main page. You can now select what info to be sent, so it is not so overwhelming with information that doesn`t affect your real estate.

Great to see so many members studying and focusing on the economic fundamentals.

Thanks Don,

Mark,
While I know our economy is more robust than US, going by my experience both are doing relatively well. I work in the floral industry as an OTR driver, mostly US deliveries. We are in the middle of Valentines Days rush, between that and doing a refi and new buy-financing, I`m exhausted. Went into the US Friday night and the traffic was VERY busy, going over the border and on the other side. I stopped at a Walmart in Pa on the way home and the p lot was full, store frantically busy with lots of good deals on the floor. I ate at a decent middle class restaurant mid-afternoon and noticed it was almost full capacity. Trucking is usually a reliable indicator of economic activity and activity was brisk for a weekend.
Another rate cut is certainly possible by BOC but those crying about economic doomsday aren`t out there doing things - my feeling.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Feb 9 2008, 11:50 AM) Hi Ed,

Thanks Mark and Don

Top Bottom